Friday, September 2, 2011

I made it to the gym!

Most of you know that i take care of a billion kids a day…therefore its hard for me to get out.  (Actually I take care of my 3 kids and the 2 sweetest girls in the world and 1 super sweet boy).  HOWEVER, the older kids (all 4 years old) have started going to preschool 4 days a week!  Two of those days they go from 8am-12pm!  Today I did ChaLean Extreme Burn Intervals at home and then went to the gym with the 3 little girls (two are 2 and the baby is 14 weeks!) to run!  It was fantastic!  I rewarded them with a trip to the “purple park”…haha!  Good times!

I took a look at our forecast and…THE HEATWAVE IS ENDING!!  Forecasts of 80-90 degree weather have my heart skipping a beat!  haha!

While reading “Made to Crave” again the other day, a statement stuck out to me and I thought I’d share it with you!  “I can step on the scale and see the numbers as an indication of how much my body weighs and not as an indication of my worth.”  WOW!  Read that again!

“I can step on the scale and see the numbers as indication of how much my body weighs and NOT as an indication of MY WORTH.”

Wow…again!  That’s hard!  Stepping on the scale and not getting down on myself!  I tried that today…really a hard thing to do…by yourself.  However, realizing that God has more planned for me than just focusing on that number, I accepted it and felt FREE again from the worry and frustration! 

The other day after I commented on my weight, or tight clothes, or feeling fat, Justin said, “Why is that all you ever think about?”  It made me sad to hear my husband say that. He was so right though!  All the time I spend worrying about my weight could be spent on much more important things!

Mantra for the day…”My weight is NOT an indication of MY WORTH!” 

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment